Track saw and table saw both are great power saws that can help woodworkers achieve their cuts on a block of wood. Both these are excellent cutters of wood and other materials as well.
Different carpenters have different priorities and it depends on whether a track saw table can make it possible or a table saw. This article will tell you what is a track saw, what is a guide saw, and mainly the comparison between a track saw and a table saw. You will also get the answer of can I use a circular saw instead of a table saw. So, read the article to get answers to your questions.
If you are looking to create some smooth and fine cuts on the piece of wood that you are working with then, a track saw can help a lot. The fine blade of this incredible saw can create plunge and straight cuts. It is also known as a plunge saw having a safe design that prevents you from getting harmed during your cutting session. A track saw is available in different types in the market. The Makita track saw is one of the most popular types of this power saw. You will find some resemblance in the track saw kit for the circular saw.
A table saw is also a very useful power saw tool that is used by many woodworkers to get excellent results regarding their cuts and crafts. This saw is popular for its clean and accurate cutting. It can handle the woodwork of any capacity and provides amazing and finest results. If you are looking to achieve cleanliness in your cuts then, a table saw is the right choice for you. Instead of the wood, you can also use this saw to cut other materials. The blade of this saw is protected with a guard to help you stay away from injuries. It has an emergency button that you can press if anything goes wrong.
Difference between a track saw vs table saw
Both these power saws have their attributes and features that attract different woodworkers. The comparison here will let you decide which one is better. Some of the differences between these two types of power saws are mentioned below:
- While cutting woods, you need to make repetitions to get the finest quality and precise cuts. If you talk about repetition then, track saws are better than table saws.
- Portability has its value as far as woodcutting is concerned. A table saw is heavy and is very less portable. Whereas, a track saw is completely portable and can be carried towards heavy wood material.
- Taking more space can be less attractive for a woodworker. It resists him/her having more saws in the workshop. A track saw takes less space and that is why many woodworkers prefer this saw.
Try out Best Band Saw UK
Track saw or table saw which one is better?
Selecting a saw between two can be difficult when both of them are excellent as far as their working is concerned. It depends on your working capability which one suits you. If you are the kind of worker that prefers portability then, track saw is the perfect fit for you. If you are a worker that likes to work in a fixed place then, the table saw is the power saw that you should go with.
Benefits of the track saw
- The portability of a track saw can attract many users. Plus, the quality of cut this saw provides helps you in getting the results of your choice.
- A dust collection feature is available in many power saws and the track saw as well. This lets the user work in a clean environment.
- With a track saw, you can set the depth of each cut. All you need to do is to change the blade depth accordingly.
Benefits of the table saw
- If accuracy is what you are looking for in your power saw then, the table saw is the right choice for you as it cuts efficiently and safely.
- The cutting direction of a table saw does not change. It means that you have to cut the material in the same direction which makes it easy to use.
- This versatile saw helps you in getting the desired cut. You just need to track the material and cut it in speed.
more about Best Sliding Mitre Saw UK
Quality and cleaner cut: track saw vs table saw
If getting cleaner cuts is your main objective then, you must go for a track saw. It provides the best quality cuts with fine clearance. In this comparison of table saw and track saw, no one between these two can take over the other. Both are very effective in some aspects.
Still, if you like a portable saw, a track saw can be your perfect choice. If accuracy is your priority then, you should go with a table saw.
Check out Best Stihl Chainsaw Ever Made
- Makita Cordless Chainsaw Review 2023 【Is it Worth it?】 - May 27, 2023
- Track Saw VS Table Saw 【Which is Best?】 - May 27, 2023
- Difference Between Miter Saw vs Circular Saw 【How To Choose?】 - May 27, 2023