If you want to do any woodwork you must be familiar with saws and the right use of different saws to make your work easy. Here in this article, we are going to discuss the difference between a circular saw and a jigsaw. Maybe you think what’s the point of knowing they all are the same but that’s not the case. Each saw has its functionality which makes it different from others in the same way. Here we are going to explain the difference between a circular saw vs a jigsaw.
This saw game can be confusing for you as well if you are a beginner and do not have much understanding about saws. You will get a brief idea between a circular saw and a jigsaw in this article. The work which requires more intricate cuts can be done by jigsaw primarily meanwhile circular saw can be used to rip through any wooden boards because it is incredibly powerful. The blades of the jigsaw as compared to the circular saw can break easily. These both saws come in the cordless and corded form. These are some basic differences between circular saw and jigsaw which are given to give you a basic understanding between the saw vs jigsaw. Let’s discuss the difference between a circular saw vs a jigsaw further.
Circular saw vs jigsaw:
Why it is very important to have a good understanding between the circular saw and jigsaw. It is important to understand where these saws can be used properly and how they can make your work easy in different ways. If you are a beginner or want to do something at home on your own, you must buy any of these. Jigsaw can be very helpful to make curves on different types of material and a circular saw is mostly used at site area due to its power which can cut the material very quickly.
If we talk about a little history of the jigsaw, we get to know that it was made first in 1946 by an Australian engineer called Albert Kaufmann. There are different variations in this saw in the current date. The single-toothed blade jigsaw moves forward and backward to make cuts which can help to make bevel cuts, circular cuts, and straight cuts, etc. This saw can cut an array of materials, most commonly it is used to buy wood, plastic, metals, and ceramic tiles. It has numerous features which make the work easy. In this saw, one of the most important features is its blade, blades can make work easy and frustrating at the same time, so the selection of the right blade is very important. The structure of its blade is 12.7 cm long which is almost equal to 5 inches, this length helps to make long cuts easily.
Advantages and disadvantages of Jigsaw
Following are the advantages and disadvantages of the jigsaw:
- It can be helpful in making perpendicular cuts with the help of up and down movement due to its blade shape.
- It can be helpful to make very complicated curved cuts.
- The blades from this saw can easily be removed and replaced when required which can help to increase productivity.
- It can help make different cuts like straight-line cuts, angles cuts, and much more.
- It can help cut all types of material including wood, metal drywall, and plastic.
- The blades in this can easily break because they are thin.
Try Best Budget Planer Thicknesser UK
For people who work in the lumber, a circular saw is mostly used among them, especially working at the site area. This saw makes work easy and quick. This saw can be purchased in cordless or corded form depending on the requirements of work. It is a very powerful saw which can cut the material incredibly quickly with accuracy. It has many features including having a circular-shaped toothed cutting disc which helps I’m ripping the material like pipes, woods, metals, and even stones. The blades of circular saw also break due to heat and pressure, but they are not easily available as compared to jigsaw blades. This saw is best for cutting big wooden boards. This saw can be used anyplace it can be used in the home as well as at the site area.
Advantages and disadvantages of circular saw
More on Best Sliding Mitre Saw UK
Following are the advantages and disadvantages of circular saw:
- It can be highly helpful in ripping through the woods every day very quickly.
- It can help make straight-line cuts with accuracy and at high speed which will save your time.
- It will not be much helpful in making curved cuts.
- This is one of the most dangerous tools to be used. It requires a lot of care and training to handle it. The circular saw can cause serious injury if not handled well.
- 10 Best 50cc Chainsaws 【Reviewed 2023】 - May 28, 2023
- Best Bandsaw Blades UK in 2023【Top 10 Reviewed】 - May 24, 2023
- 10 Best Hobby Bandsaw UK 【Reviewed 2023】 - May 24, 2023